UK Manufacturing Apprentice Winner 2018
The Winner of the AMI UK Manufacturing Apprentice 2018 and £500 in Amazon Vouchers is…….Ryan Heath of Gloucestershire based Grail Engineering Ltd! Congratulations!
The competition was launched at the end of 2017 to find and recognise the very best apprentices currently working within the UK manufacturing industry. We recognised 12 monthly winners and are proud to reward January Winner Ryan Heath with the accolade of UK Manufacturing Apprentice of 2018.
Ryan has made outstanding progress both academically and with his practical skills. Ryan is always professional, has outstanding communication skills, and is a great ambassador for his company, Grail Engineering. Ryan also plays a role in training younger apprentices and work experience students as he truly loves engineering, he wants to share his knowledge & experience with others wanting to get into the industry.
Grail Engineering have been training apprentices for over 30 years and Ryan is one the best Apprentices they have ever trained and will have a very successful career as an Engineer.
Pictured is UK Manufacturing Apprentice of 2018, Ryan Heath and General Manager, Julian Grail
When discovering he had won the prestigious yearly accolcade, titling him the ‘best of the best’, Ryan said, “I can’t believe I have won this award. I never imagined that when I left school that I would be nominated for a national award let alone actually win one. Grail have given me an amazing experience as an apprentice and are continuing to invest in my training. My Apprenticeship has given me an excellent start to my career and a bright future in Engineering.”
Ryan’s manager Julian Grail, nominated him for the award back in January due to his hard work inside the business and hard work in college, he added, “We are delighted that Ryan has been chosen for this prestigious and well-deserved award. Since his win back in January Ryan hasn’t sat on his laurels, he has completed his advanced apprenticeship and has moved on to a Higher Apprenticeship in our design team. Ryan has a very bright future ahead of him with Grail. Ryan exemplifies the spirit and values of our company.”
It was a close call selecting a winner from such a fantastic group of apprentices who all are brilliant role models for young apprentices in engineering and manufacturing.
We would like to say well done to all our monthly winners;
Mitchell Pritchard – Bennett Architectural
Joshua Brooks and Michael Mcloughlin – Bromford Industries
James Bogges – MGS Precision
Stuart Haydock – Lyndhurst Precision Engineering
Callum McGrory – Gibbs Gears
Alex Malam – Salop Design & Engineering
Jacob Upton – Variohm EuroSensor Ltd
Charlie Walford – The UKF Group
Jake Thompson – Central Grinding Services
Jordan Nicholas – Tridan Engineering Ltd
Bradley Brame – Herga Technology
We would also like to thank the entries that weren’t successful this year, but we are into a new year and a new competition awaits! Please stay tuned for the UK Manufacturing Apprentice of 2019!
- Unveiling The Shearline Group’s Integrated Digital Presence
- Expertise in Aerospace Sector with Successful Project for MJ Sections
- Behind the Screens Q3: Summer Success at AMI
- AMI’s HQ: More Than Just Desks!
- AMI Unlocked Q2: Behind the Screens…
- The Shearline Group’s 50th Anniversary Celebration…
- AMI – Proud Sponsors of Petroc Build A Plane
- UK manufacturing as we enter 2023 and beyond
- Case Study: WPS Mechanical & Welded Engineering
- Email Marketing – Does it Work for Manufacturing?
- AMI Unlocked: Q2 Highlights (2022)
- Industrial Marketing Strategy
- AMI Unlocked: Q1 Highlights (2022)
- Testimonial – MP Engineering (Chippenham)
- Case Study: The Bromford Group
- Southern Manufacturing 2022….
- Southern Manufacturing 2022 – AMI are ready!
- Staff Spotlight : Dan Knight
- Staff Spotlight : Simon Appleby
- Staff Spotlight : Will Hunt
- Staff Spotlight : Ronnie Ellaway
- At the Heart of The Rubber Industry…
- Pleased to announce we’re all back in the AMI offices
- Working remotely during COVID19
- Southern Manufacturing 2020
- New look. Same goal. Promoting UK manufacturers
- Goodwood Festival of Speed Prize Draw